What I used:
- Four strands of suede strings, about 90 to 100 centimeters long for each strand
- One strand of thick thread, about 10 centimeters long
- A bit of super/strong glue
- One large cord end
- One small round ring
- One keychain hook
- A pair of scissors
- Ruler (optional)
What I did:
- Cut each strand of the suede string into 4 equal parts. I used 4 strands of suede strings, so that gave me 16 short strands. You can use fewer strands (12 maybe?) but I like my tassel to be fat, thick and abundant. =)
- Use the thick thread to tightly tie all the short strands together, tie them slightly to one side of the middle. I used a ruler to help me estimate the middle and moved about 0.5 centimeter to one side of the middle. Cut off the extra thick thread.
- Fold the longer ends downwards to cover the thick thread.
- Put some super glue to the folded end of the suede strings.
- Squeeze and push the folded end into the large cord end.
- Trim the ends to make them neat.
- Secure the tassel to the keychain hook with a round ring.
- Done! You can also skip the keychain hook if you are planning to use the tassel for other purposes.
I love the suede colors! Have fun making your own suede tassels.
If you need the materials like the suede strings or the cord ends, drop us a note at email@example.com.
Till the next blog post, make something with your hands! =)