Jazz up your fridge and notice boards at home or in the office with magnetic clay words! I love written messages but sometimes I like to be different and add some colors to my messages. These word clay magnets are very easy to make. =)
This is what I used:
- 2 blocks of 2-oz Sculpey Oven Bake Clay
- Alphabet stamp
- Clear plastic sheet or transparency
- Rolling pin
- Sharp cutter
- Magnet tape
(I did not manage to take pictures while doing this batch of words, so I have used pictures from a previous project.)
This is what I did:
- Roll the clay out on to the clear plastic sheet to about 3mm in thickness.
- Using the magnet tape as a guide, cut out strips of clay with the sharp cutter.
- Stamp as many words onto the clay strips as you like, cutting them out as you go along.
- Arrange the words into a baking tray and bake the clay in the oven as per instructions on the Sculpey packaging - 130 degree Celsius or 275 degree Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. My oven is a bit hot and so I baked mine for about 12 minutes.
- After the clay has cooled and hardened, attached the magnet tape to the back. For extra security, I put 2 tiny drops of superglue at each end of the tape to ensure that the magnet sticks to the clay super well.
For the materials needed for this project and detailed step-by-step instructions, tips and inspiration, check out our DIY Word Clay Magnet Kit here.
Till the next blog post, craft something with your hands! =)